Zoonoses research is diverse and international. In order to capture the diversity of this field of research and especially its global networking in pictures, the Zoonoses Platform 2020 is holding a photo competition.
Under the motto "Zoonoses around the world" all members of the zoonoses platform are invited to submit pictures. We are looking for photos that show our zoonoses bag (old or new design) at interesting places of zoonoses research and give an insight into current zoonoses research worldwide. Images within Germany with international relevance will also be considered. Together with the picture, a short explanation of the photo and its history should be submitted. Evaluated are international character, originality, integration of the bag, quality of the photograph, visibility of the logo, reference to zoonoses research, timeliness and the story behind the picture. The winning photo will be chosen by the Internal Advisory Board in September 2020. The first prize is a bed and breakfast in a Motel One Hotel in a city of your choice in Germany. The closing date for entries is 28 August 2020.
Already took an interesting photo? Then send the picture including a short explanation (150 - 250 words) and your contact details with the subject "Photo competition 2020" to firstname.lastname@example.org. By submitting a picture you agree to the competition conditions and liability rules listed below.
Example Photo Contest 2020
Who can participate?
All members of the Zoonoses Platform.
What is required?
- Images related to international zoonoses research, which contain our bag
- A short explanation of the picture (background, history, 150 - 250 words)
What's the price?
1st prize: an overnight stay in a Motel One Hotel in a city of your choice within Germany (award ceremony during the International Symposium on Zoonoses Research 2020 in Berlin)
Where can I submit my contribution?
Please send your picture including a short explanation (150 - 250 words) and contact details by 28.08.2020 to email@example.com. Please enter "Photo contest 2020" as subject.
Conditions of competition
- Any member of the Zoonoses Platform may participate in the competition, with the exception of persons directly involved in the organisation of the competition.
- Collaborative works (more than one submitter per entry) are accepted.
- Participation in the competition is free of charge.
- By submitting material for the prize, the contest conditions are accepted.
- Completed applications must be received by 23:59 (CET) on 28 August 2020.
- Entries must be submitted via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Photo Contest 2020".
- One person may submit several photos for the competition.
- Each photo can only be submitted once.
- Post-processing of images is permitted (e.g. incorrect colouring, changes in contrast, etc.). However, any manipulations or alterations to a picture must be named in the explanation of the picture.
- The participant must be the copyright owner of the image or have the permission of the copyright owner to submit the image.
- Images may contain people if it is conducive to the meaning of the image. If individual persons are clearly identifiable in the picture, the picture may only be submitted with their consent.
- Copyright holders retain the copyright to their works. By submitting the image they grant the National Platform for Zoonoses Research the right to copy, adapt, distribute, perform and use the submitted images in all media (including social media, online and print). The use of the image must always include the name of the copyright holder*.
- All judging decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If a prize winner cannot be contacted by the jury within fourteen days of the decision, the National Platform for Zoonoses Research reserves the right to award the prize to another person.
- In case of a violation of these competition conditions by a participant, a prize decision can be revoked at any time.
- To the extent permitted by law, the National Research Platform on Zoonoses is under no circumstances responsible or liable to compensate any entrant or to assume any liability for any loss or damage arising from participation in the competition.
- If material submitted infringes the copyright or rights of third parties, the participant accepts full responsibility for this.
- The conditions set out here are binding and the National Platform for Zoonoses Research reserves the right to refuse or exclude entries at its own discretion.
- The National Research Platform for Zoonoses reserves the right to make changes to the schedule of the competition.
- The National Research Platform for Zoonoses is not responsible for the misuse of images by third parties.